Lemonade stands to pop up in Copperas Cove this weekend
By LYNETTE SOWELL
Youngsters in Copperas Cove and throughout the Hood area will be setting up lemonade stands for Lemonade Day, on Saturday and Sunday.
The Copperas Cove Leader-Press is sponsoring a stand in front of its offices at Preferred Plaza, located at 2210 E. Business 190 on Saturday and Sunday, from 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Five Hills Junior Ambassador, Maddox Tobias, will be selling his Lorax Lemonade and Pink Ink Yink Drink Lemonade, along with Dr. Suess themed snacks and goodies. Raffle tickets for prizes will be sold $1 per ticket or 15 tickets for $10. Maddox is raising funds to purchase books for foster children.
In addition to Dr. Seuss on the Loose Lemonade, other stands in Copperas Cove are listed on the Lemonade Day map to include:
• Catching the Rainbow: 1437 Lubbock Dr., on Saturday and Sunday. The menu includes strawberry lemonade, suckers, Skittles, candy straws, bubbles, bracelets, as well as souvenir cups.
• Ocean’s Bounty Lemonade, High Seas for Heroes: First National Bank, 107 W. Highway 190, Friday, April 30; Walgreens, 527 U.S. Highway 190 on Saturday and Sunday. Lemonade, pirate-themed treats and souvenirs.
• Forget Me Not Lemonade: Frames & Things, located at 216 Cove Terrace Shopping Center; lemonade $2, blackberry lemonade $3, sweet tea $2, and baked goods $1.
• Edward’s Lemonade, Bill French Jewelesr in the Five Hills Shopping Center, at 232 RGIII Blvd. Suite 500; strawberry lemonade, along with bottled water, cookies, and chips.
• All are Welcome Lemonade: Strawberry Lemonade, Raspberry Lemonade, Peach Lemonade, Baked Goods; Bush’s Chicken, 112 W. Highway 190.
• Lego against Bullying: 1437 Lubbock Dr.; blueberry lemonade, regular lemonade, Lego bracelets, bubbles, Lego cups, suckers, candy straws.
• Sweet Chady’s Lemonade: Unity Baptist Church, 903 N. 1st St; Chopped Beef Sandwiches, Chips, Cookies, Cupcakes.
• Taking a stand with Lemonade: Five Hills Shopping Center, 3018 U.S. Highway 190; Tropical Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Mystery Lemonade, Cupcakes.
• The Lemon Hutt: Nice Kutz Barber Shop, 306 E. Avenue D; Lemonade, lemon candies and a chance to win a free haircut.
For more information on Lemonade Day stands in the Copperas Cove area, readers can visit https://lemonadeday.org/fort-hood-area.
Lemonade Day was founded in 2007 and has expanded to more than 84 communities in the U.S., Canada, Bermuda and South Africa.
The program teaches entrepreneurship to kids in pre-school through middle school, and focuses on goal setting, business planning, risk assessment, product development, marketing, customer service, financial management and charitable giving.