Young entrepreneurs prepare for Lemonade Day in Copperas Cove
By LYNETTE SOWELL
Youngsters in Copperas Cove and throughout the greater Fort Hood area will be setting up lemonade stands for Lemonade Day, on Saturday and Sunday.
The Copperas Cove Leader-Press is sponsoring a stand in front of its offices at Preferred Plaza, located at 2210 E. Business 190 on Saturday and Sunday, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Maddox Tobias will be having his 2nd annual Dr. Seuss on the Loose Lemonade Stand, selling his Lorax Lemonade, Pink Ink Yink Drink Strawberry Lemonade, and Truffle Tree Sweet Tea, along with a variety of items for pet lovers such as bandanas, treats, and more. He is focusing on the Dr. Seuss title, “Which Pet Shall I Get?” Maddoxwill be raffling three prizes, and is using his stand to raise funds for Texas Humane Heroes.
In addition to Dr. Seuss on the Loose Lemonade, other stands in Copperas Cove are listed on the Lemonade Day map as of press time and include:
- Chloe’s Lemonade, 102 S. 1st St., selling strawberry lemonade, bottled water, and snack boxes.
- 112 Coleton Dr.; lemonade and cookies.
- 614 Skyview Dr.; lemonade with strawberry, blackberry, and peach add-ons.
- Cougar Nation Lemonade, 1205 Courtney Ln.; lemonade, water, and goodies.
- Galactic Lemonade, 3010 E Highway 190, Suite 148; selling Star Wars Lemonade, Star Wars straws, cookies, light sabers.
- Lemon Tears, 412 E. Avenue D on Saturday, May 7; 412 E. Avenue D.; and on Sunday, 12-3 p.m. in front of the Mattress firm at 3018 US Highway 190 Ste 100; plain lemonade, strawberry, blackberry, limeade and cherry lemonade.
- Mia’s Lemonade; 3018 E. U.S. Highway 190; Unicorn lemonade (strawberry kiwi), regular lemonade, Mia’s lemon treats, Ryatt’s famous cookies, water.
- Michael’s GamerAde Stand, 2366 Wigeon Way; lemonade, chips and cookies.
- Miss B’s Lemonade and The 3 B’s Eats & Treats, Walmart Copperas Cove, 2720 E. U.S. Highway 190; 2nd year in a row award-winning blue Hawaiian lemonade, regular lemonade, strawberry lemonade, sweet & unsweet tea, and bottled water. Meal deals available (pulled pork and all beef hot dogs), individual bags of chips, and sweet treats such as cheesecake slices, cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels (while they last).
- Tropical Lemonade 1206 W. Avenue B; pink lemonade and tropical lemonade.
For more information on Lemonade Day stands in the Copperas Cove area, readers can visit lemonadeday.org/fort-hood-area/stands-map.
Lemonade Day first had its start in 2007 and has expanded to more than 84 communities in the U.S., Canada, Bermuda and South Africa. The program teaches entrepreneurship to kids in pre-school through middle school, and focuses on goal setting, business planning, risk assessment, product development, marketing, customer service, financial management and charitable giving.